6.25.2010

two; we stalk by night, we inspire by day

Something Halloween-inspired. Sorry I missed today. It's actually 2:41AM and I just got home, so I haven't gone to bed yet...therefore in my mind it's still the 25th. You'll have to deal (:

cold
the night air is.
I shiv-er and s.h.a.k.e
and the ground starts to q.u.a.k.e

ghosts
walk the streets
and I pass them – blind
a mummy staggers. the road is lined

icy
and the sunshine stripes
glare at me as I cross them, eyes
ever upward. the frigid, darkening skies

open to reveal
every-
thing
and yet –

nothing at all except for what is inside your mind and
nothing at all except for what you want to believe but
everything that you’re scared of in the night and
everything that you wish never existed but can’t control


Sunrise breaks and brings a new day,
it falls through the trees and leads a new way.

2 comments:

  1. The tonal shift was expected but what you did with it was not. The fourth stanza is kind of setting up the reader for a complete shift but when you get to the fifth stanza you realize that you don't have control over the good or evil of this world. All you truly "know" is what your mind tells you.

    The last stanza actually has another shift in which you either see what you are doing with your mind or you accept the placebo affect that your mind is placing on you. Either way you're happy. I could bring a religious aspect up but I won't, lol

    Anyways, that's just what it tells me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha feel free to bring up any aspects you feel play a part, or could play a part, in anything you read here.

    I'm glad you caught the build up to something expected, but taking it somewhere else. I was aiming for a bit of a surprise, because yeah, typically the resolve would come and ohyay~ happy tiems, but you know me...I'm more of a realist than an optimist.

    Though I tried to shine a little light in the final stanza, and show that maybe everything isn't completely terrible, despite it being out of your control.

    Thanks for the insight (:

    ReplyDelete