6.26.2010

three; song of silence

This work is something I really enjoyed writing, and really just came from nowhere. Inspired mostly, I think, by the rushing feel of being alone in an empty field, the wind whipping about you, and the feel of something much more, something magnanimous about you. Something you can't understand; something special and magical, even.



From far away I can hear you
As the full moon rides on Her journey
Across a gossamer sky
A soft, wild wind surrounds me
Calls to me
Beckons me
to come and play awhile
There are secrets in the air that only Those who listen know
A wind filled with silent communication
This wind holds echoes
Of little girl giggles
And grown men’s laughter
And the deep, rich silence
That takes a lifetime to build.

7 comments:

  1. I understand how this could be taken as magical but all i can think of is rape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitman-esque: In title and in the last 4 lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I noticed it in the title...but whatever. :)

    @anon; well...we all have the right to individual interpretation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, I kinda get where the anon is coming from but I only realized that after I read his/her comment. It is kinda bad touch! Not that that's a bad thing in writing; I kinda like creepy tones.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is kinda bad touch? say what?

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://bad-touch.urbanup.com/4427637

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh xD I guess so. I have one that is DEFINITELY bad touch. I'll post it tomorow.

    ReplyDelete