6.28.2010

five; chronicle

Another one of my favorites. This piece was originally one large work, but I felt as though the entirety simply felt too disjointed to be flowing enough for a single work. so I took them apart, carefully, and together they work better when read as parts of a whole, I think. It's sort of...a journey.

Preface
A loss of time. Infinity. a blur; a face
A hook and anchor. my sails aloft, full.
My hometown gone, woods thickly green.


I
I’m here, I’m there
where are you?
A dandelion in winter,
icy fragile, bittersweet
longing
A world apart, but
inches away. grasping
gasping
for air. Smile wanly,
touch the clouds. Hooked on with a string
weigh me down
make me free


II
hands, pale touching
a car, not mine
a sound, too loud
gone, fingertips in blizzards
empty chairs, half filled hearts
walking by without a glance; passed.


III
Begin again, Romeo- I lack the strength.
up down up down, left
Egypt seems familiar now
chariots on wings with me and fire; aloft, full
touch of ice in the desert
a single cloud – nimbus, cirrus, cumulus
a shadow cloud


IV
Voices, chords of heaven - down on leaves and sea
yellow gold and white - calm, nurture


Epilogue
Return, go back, be gone
green, in all and oxygen abide
how it should be
be strong - don’t hide
This is how it should be.

2 comments:

  1. It seemed on the fence between nature and human creations. Imagery-wise anyways. That initial 8 just sticks out in my mind as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops. I fixed that xD Idk where that came from.

    ReplyDelete