7.10.2010

eleven; cardboard

I'm sorry I suck so much :( I totally forgot about this. :| This past week has been busy as hell. No parents are home, so I've been running around like crazy. Here's something I just wrote. A few minutes ago, completely unedited.

and when you lie to me, tell to me
the things you know I want to hear
I just can’t – won’t
trust you anymore.

we’re falling apart
like a house decays with age

and

we were once made
of stone, never weathered or
eroding

but now

we’re cardboard boxes in the rain
and if you only knew
that I would shield you from this storm
and if you only knew
that I don’t because I don’t know

if you want me to
like I want to
or if you want what
I could never give

but it breaks my heart

3 comments:

  1. Before I even read this I just wanted to say that I did the same thing on mine with the slacking off issue. Just posted something before coming over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why but I read this as a song, more lyrically, than some of the other stuff on this blog. I see the first stanza as a verse leading into the rest as the chorus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can kind of feel that towards the middle. Idk. I mean, I usually listen to some music when I write, so I guess that is subliminally coming through?

    ReplyDelete