7.01.2010

eight; a clean break

I don't really know what to say about this one. Tell me how it makes you feel? :)

A glimpse of a calm scene
Never lasts more than a second
For once, my love is a burden
Suffering, my heart threatens to burst.
I lay alone on the icy floor.
Betraying me, my heart thunders,
Purple veins bulge warm and thick
I don’t believe a word you say.
A light flickers on in the distance
Guilty circles run round in my head.
I heave a breath
Putrid odor burns the air
Look at myself, yourself, us –
perfect?
I tried to kill, the fire roars
I saved you instead, perfectly
Lonely I cried out, grief-stricken.
Alone, hope flew in through my open window.
Evil vanquished in the dead of night.
Triggered in silence, God swooped.
Struck, crazed, air-tight.
Salvation imminent, outstretch.
Hide, eat your heart out full of sorrow.
Shot by remorse and I pull the trigger.
Paralyzed, strong inside.
Color flooded my eyes and
ruby was my visage.
Right through me and smothered.
Vases sliding off tables shatter.
For one second I’ll keep you tight.
Kiss one last time, speak in half-lies.
Eternity blossomed in a rose bud.
Clench dead fingers to an iron heart.
“a clean break” I screamed.
It’s not time, it’s not hate, it’s just over.
Head in icy fingers, mirror smashes.
A bite from an apple and the worm arrives.
You can’t kill me, it’s not over.
Steal my heart, arms outstretched
lips cold, trickle blood
a rose on my chest, eyes squeezed tight.
A clean break.

No comments:

Post a Comment